10 Great Reasons for Having an Eye Exam
The eye examination is a vital health check and should be part of everyone's normal health regime. Here are 10 important reasons to have a regular examination:
- You only have one pair of eyes. Once lost, your eyesight may never be replaced.
- Unlike your teeth, your eyes do not usually hurt when there is something wrong.
- The eye examination can pick up early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions, such as glaucoma.
- The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment. This is particularly true for young children and the elderly.
- The eye examination can also detect a number of other underlying health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
- An examination checks whether your eyesight needs correcting with spectacles and determines the best form of correction for your vision.
- Good vision means working and playing better and safer - in fact it means a better quality of life.
- For young people, good eyesight is vital for learning. An eye examination will detect any problems in sight which may be affecting school performance.
- Failing eyesight is often taken for granted as people get older. However, by having an eye examination and remedying problems in eyesight, older people can improve their quality of life significantly.
- Poor eyesight is dangerous. Make sure that you meet the legal requirement for driving.
Unless otherwise advised you should have an eye examination every two years. It may be necessary to have examinations more frequently depending on your age and medical history
To arrange an eye exam simply click on the Book Appointment option in the menu, phone us on 028 9070 5787 or call into the practice.